A Paxil mass tort program is a civil action in which a number of plaintiffs with similar claims against GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), the manufacturer of Paxil (generically paroxetine), unite their grievances for the purpose of expediting the pre-trial discovery process. Paxil mass tort programs are efficient and beneficial because they allow multiple plaintiffs to share expert testimony and the presentation of evidence (preventing each individual from having to go through this process in order to get his Paxil litigation started).
Whether the Paxil MTP is best suited for a particular plaintiff will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s cases (including the type and severity of the drug-related injury sustained), as well as his or her specific needs and expectations.
Paxil mass tort programs are better suited for those who have sustained less severe injuries or want to expedite justice and speed up the pre-trial proceedings. It is always a good idea to speak with a skilled defective drug attorney who can help prospective plaintiffs identify the best option for them.
Focus of Paxil Mass Tort Programs
Paxil mass tort programs may focus on any one of the many serious Paxil side effects, some of the most serious of which may include:
- Birth defects, such as heart valve problems, persistent pulmonary hypertension, and abdominal abnormalities.
- Mania or hypomania
- Serotonin syndrome (an excess concentration of serotonin in the central nervous system that speeds up heart rate can causes twitching, hypertension, and hyperthermia.)
- Suicidal thoughts and/or behaviors
- Withdrawal symptoms (which may include extreme headaches, nausea, anxiety, vertigo, and insomnia.)
How Paxil Mass Tort Programs Arise & Work
Like other MTPs, Paxil mass tort programs have arisen due to:
- Significant similarities between Paxil lawsuits being filed against GSK
- Large number of Paxil claims being filed in relatively few districts over a short period of time.
Given these two factors, along with the fact that many of the same experts, attorneys, and judges are involved in Paxil litigation, Paxil MTPs have been developed to consolidate and speed up this process.
If you or a loved one used Paxil and suffered from any side effect including birth defects, mania, hypomania, serotonin syndrome, or suicidal thoughts, or if you have lost a loved one to a Paxil wrongful death, learn more about whether individual litigation or a Paxil mass tort program is best for you. Experienced defective drug lawyers welcome prospective plaintiffs to receive free, expert legal advice regarding the best manner in which to proceed with their case during a free initial consultation. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.