Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) lawyers are skilled defective drug attorneys committed to aggressively defending the rights of women who sustained serious injuries as a result of taking HRT medication, such as Wyeth Pharmaceuticals’ Prempro. Prescribed for decades, HRT treats the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, anxiety, insomnia, and mood swings.
Despite its effectiveness, HRT has been clinically found to cause a range of debilitating and, at times, life-threatening side effects, some of which include:
- blood clots
- breast cancer
- endometrial cancer (a type of uterine cancer)
- gallbladder disease
- heart attack
- increased breast density (impeding the effectiveness of mammograms, which can cause breast cancer to go undetected)
- ovarian cancer
- pulmonary embolism (blood clots lodged in the lungs that hinder breathing and can be fatal without prompt treatment)
Victims of HRT side effects will require emergency medical treatments in order to prevent further health complications. Once their health is no longer in danger, they are encouraged to meet with a skilled HRT lawyer in order to learn more about their legal rights.
Benefits of Working with HRT Lawyers
During a free initial consultation, HRT attorneys will evaluate your case, provide expert advice on how to move forward, and offer their superior services at no upfront cost to the client (because they work on contingency).
By working with a skilled HRT lawyer, injured women can:
- receive aggressive legal representation in any necessary proceeding
- be secure that they have the strongest possible case, as hormone replacement therapy lawyers will gather all necessary evidence and secure the appropriate experts to bolster their client’s claims against the negligent drug company
- be assured that they have the best chances of getting through the legal process as efficiently and favorably as possible.
Ultimately, trusting a skilled HRT lawyer to effectively litigate a defective drug case allows injured women to secure a settlement that compensates them for their outstanding medical bills, ongoing treatment costs, permanent disabilities, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
If you or a loved one have used HRT or taken Prempro and suffered from any side effect including blood clots, stroke, pulmonary embolism, breast or ovarian cancer, you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.