Reglan class action lawsuits are products liability cases in which multiple plaintiffs with similar claims consolidate their cases and go up against Schwartz Pharma, the maker of Reglan. Joining a Reglan class action lawsuit tends to be better suited for plaintiffs who have not sustained life-threatening injuries, as well as those who:
- want fewer obligations than a conventional, individual Reglan lawsuit may require
- need to extend the statute of limitations (the timeframe in which a legal claim is valid) for their claim
- want to receive an equal amount of compensation for their Reglan injuries as those with similar injuries
Reglan is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, heartburn, migraines, nausea, and vomiting. Reglan is only FDA approved for short-term use (4 to 12 weeks), and the risk of developing debilitating Reglan side effects dramatically increases with higher doses and longer than the FDA-approved limit of three months.
Victims of severe Reglan side effects can learn more about their legal rights and receive a free assessment of their case by attending a complimentary consultation. During this meeting, potential plaintiffs will have the opportunity to learn whether a Reglan class action lawsuit or an individual Reglan lawsuit is better suited for their circumstances, needs, and expectations.
Claims Litigated in Reglan Class Action Lawsuits
A Reglan class action lawsuit can be based on claims that an individual has developed any of the following side effects:
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), a characterized by delirium, hallucinations, stiff muscles and/or fever that can be life threatening
- a extremely low level of white blood cells (agranulocytosis)
- severely low levels of blood potassium (hyperaldosteronism)
- tardive dyskinesia (similar to Tourette syndrome, a potentially irreversible condition characterized by purposeless, involuntary movements, such as facial grimaces, rapid eye blinking, and rapid movement of the extremities)
If you or a loved one used Reglan and suffered from any side effect including NMS, agramulocytosis, hyperaldosteronism, depression, or tardive dyskinesia you should contact our Reglan class action lawyers immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.