Paxil lawyers are legal professionals who are dedicated to aggressively representing the rights of those who have sustained serious injuries as a result of taking the anti-depressant drug Paxil. After Paxil was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1992, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), the manufacturer of Paxil, began marketing the drug as “not habit forming” while also seriously underplaying its severe side effects.
Paxil is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that is effective (and has been FDA approved) for the treatment of a number of psychiatric conditions, including depression, panic disorder, anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Paxil is not recommended for women who are pregnant or are trying to conceive, or for individuals younger than 18 years old.
Following Serious Paxil Side Effects Consult with a Paxil Lawyer
Despite its effectiveness at treating a broad range of psychiatric disorders, Paxil is known to cause some severe health complications. Serious side effects of Paxil have been reported to include:
- Birth defects, which may involve congenital heart problems, extreme breathing difficulties, and abdominal abnormalities. Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive should not take Paxil due to the risk of such serious birth defects.
- Mania or hypomania
- Serotonin syndrome, a condition in which serotonin enters the central nervous system causing increased heart rate, twitching, hypertension, and hyperthermia.)
- Suicidal thoughts and/or behaviors
- Withdrawal symptoms, which may include intense headaches, nausea, anxiety, vertigo, and insomnia.
Paxil attorneys welcome injured patients to attend a complimentary initial consult, once their health is no longer in danger, so that prospective plaintiffs can learn more about their legal rights and entitlements.
How Paxil Lawyers Can Help
Paxil attorneys are not only highly experienced at working with the intricacies of the legal system, but they also are extremely knowledgeable about:
- Clinical research that has formally documented the grave risks associated with using Paxil
- The history of FDA warnings and announcements regarding Paxil side effects
- Previous Paxil lawsuits, particularly the details of the litigation and the outcomes of past cases.
Depending on the circumstances of a particular case and the needs of the plaintiff, Paxil lawyers can help their clients initiate, litigate, and settle either individual or class action cases so their clients can focus on recovering and moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one used Paxil and suffered from any side effect including birth defects, mania, hypomania, serotonin syndrome, or suicidal thoughts you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.