Insulin pump recall lawyers are products liability attorneys dedicated to fighting for the rights of diabetics who have been seriously injured as a result of using the defective insulin pumps manufactured by the Animas Corporation or Medtronic, Inc. Intended to efficiently administer precise doses of insulin to patients in a timely manner, insulin pumps have been found to have some design defects that cause the devices to deliver too little or too much insulin, which can result in serious health complications, such as:
- hypoglycemia, dangerously low levels of blood sugar (glucose)
- hyperglycemia, excessively high levels of blood glucose
- diabetic ketoacidosis, excessive levels of ketones in the blood as a result of the body breaking down its own fats
The specific defects reported in insulin pumps include:
- defective battery caps in Anima insulin pumps that caused the devices to reset and, eventually, led to a national recall in November 2008
- defective cannulas (small tubes connected to the pump and that deliver insulin to the patients) that were bending or disconnecting from the pumps and caused a nationwide recall in July 2009.
Benefits of Working with an Insulin Pump Recall Attorney
Although the recent insulin pump recalls have been effective at removing these defective devices from the market, many have already been seriously injured by Animas or Medtronic insulin pump. Injured parties:
- may have a strong legal claim against the maker of their defective pump
- are invited to attend a free, no obligations initial consultation with a skilled attorney to learn more about their legal rights and entitlements
- may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses by following through with a defective device lawsuit.
Our insulin pump lawyers are committed to standing up for the rights of injured diabetics, and they will aggressively litigate against corporate lawyers in any necessary legal proceeding. Insulin pump lawyers work on contingency to help alleviate the financial burdens and stresses injured parties face in the aftermath of insulin pump defects and injuries.
Other benefits of working with insulin pump recall lawyers include:
- access to a network of experts who can help solidify the claims against Medtronic or Animas
- the best chances of winning the maximum possible settlement award.
If you or a loved one have used a Diabetes Insulin Pump and suffered from any side effect including diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperglycemia, or hypoglycemia you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.