A Hydroxycut lawsuit is a defective drug case in which those injured by the herbal weight-loss supplement Hydroxycut seek compensation from Iovate Health Sciences (the distributor of Hydroxycut in the U.S.) for the injuries and losses. Although Hydroxycut was the most popular fat-burning supplement in the U.S. at the beginning of 2009, in May of that same year, Iovate Health Sciences voluntarily recalled 14 Hydroxycut products due to:
- An increasing amount of research that verified Hydroxycut had the potential to cause some severe, life-threatening side effects.
- Findings that Iovate and others had knowledge of these severe side effects and doctored or buried evidence of them in an effort to get Hydroxycut on the U.S. market.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issuing a nationwide warning about the dangers of taking Hydroxycut.
Side Effects Sparking Hydroxycut Lawsuits
Serious health complications associated with taking Hydroxycut are:
- irregular heartbeat and other heart complications
- liver damage or liver failure (To date, the Food and Drug Administration [FDA] has received 23 reports of Hydroxycut-induced liver damage.)
- renal (kidney) damage
These were largely due to the presence of ephedra in the recalled Hydroxycut products, some of which was reformulated and reintroduced to U.S. markets. The combination of herbs in Hydroxycut products has yet to be evaluated, and the situation is compounded by the fact that supplements typically aren’t directly regulated by any government agency.
Initiating Hydroxycut Litigation
Those who develop any of the above Hydroxycut side effects will have a strong case against Iovate, and they can get their Hydroxycut litigation or liver disease lawsuit started by meeting with a seasoned defective drug attorney for a free initial consultation.
To encourage those who have a viable Hydroxycut lawsuit to stand up for their legal rights and follow through with their case, lawyers work on contingency. The primary goal is to resolve Hydroxycut liver disease lawsuits in the most efficient and favorable manner possible so victims can focus on recovery and moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one used Hydroxycut and suffers from liver or kidney disease, seizure, jaundice, or heart complications you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.