More than 10,000 Prempro lawsuits have been filed against Wyeth Pharmaceuticals (the subsidiary of Pfizer that manufacturers Prempro) due to reports that this hormone replacement therapy (HRT) drug causes potentially fatal side effects, including:
- blood clots
- breast cancer
- endometrial cancer (a type of uterine cancer)
- gallbladder disease
- heart attack
- increased breast density (which some researchers believe may also increase the risk of developing breast cancer)
- ovarian cancer
- pulmonary embolism (blood clots lodged in the lungs that impede breathing and can be fatal without prompt treatment)
Prempro has been prescribed for menopausal women for years due to its effectiveness at treating the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, night sweats, anxiety, vaginal symptoms, and osteoporosis. The dangers associated with this drug started to gain national attention when the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) announced that it was going to stop a clinical study on the drug due to overwhelming evidence that is was causing the above side effects.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals is estimated to have paid out roughly $165 million in Prempro litigation settlements and this amount is expected to increase as most Prempro lawsuits are filed in the coming years. Unfortunately, this drug is still on the market putting women at risk of being injured by the above serious side effects.
How to Start Prempro Litigation
Women who sustain any serious Prempro side effects will have a strong defective drug claim. They are encouraged to learn more about their legal rights and entitlements by attending a complimentary initial consultation with a skilled Prempro attorney. During this first meeting, prospective plaintiffs can receive a comprehensive assessment of their case, followed by expert advice on how to move forward. At no cost to them, they can secure skilled legal representation, which they will not have to pay for until or unless they are granted a settlement.
To build each injured woman the strongest possible Prempro lawsuit, experienced lawyers will:
- gather all necessary evidence, including doctor’s reports, witness statements, and lab results
- aggressively litigate against corporate lawyers
- work tirelessly to help injured women get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one used Prempro and suffered blood clots, heart attack or stroke you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.