Heparin attorneys are defective drug lawyers who are dedicated to aggressively representing the rights of those who have been victimized by tainted heparin, a heparin overdose (usually due to a medical professional’s negligence), or severe heparin side effects. Heparin is a blood-thinning medication used during heart surgeries or a stay in the intensive care unit. This drug may also be used to treat:
- arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat
- deep vein thrombosis, blood clots in the body’s deep veins (typically in the legs)
- heart attack, blood clots interrupting circulation to the heart
- heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, a condition in which the immune system attacks healthy blood platelets
- pulmonary embolism, blood clots in the lungs that significantly impair breathing and can be fatal without prompt treatment
This widely used medication has a tragic history of seriously injuring patients and causing hundreds of wrongful deaths. Those who have been injured by heparin or who have lost a loved one to a heparin wrongful death should contact an experienced heparin lawyer to learn more about their legal rights, receive a comprehensive assessment of their case, and get expert advice on how to move forward for optimal chances of securing the maximum possible settlement.
When to See a Heparin Lawyer
Because heparin can harm patients via the drug’s known serious side effects, contaminated versions of the drug, and overdoses, heparin-related injuries may include:
- severe allergic reaction
- heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, a condition in which the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy blood platelets
- hyperkalemia, excessive potassium levels in the blood
- osteoporosis, significant and dangerous loss of bone density
- excessive bleeding
Although the range of heparin injuries varies, they are all extremely serious and can cause permanent disabilities or death without immediate medical attention.
How Heparin Lawyers Can Help
Our Heparin lawyers are skilled litigators who are:
- familiar with the process of building, presenting, and winning heparin lawsuits
- knowledgeable about the legal system
- well informed about the history of heparin research, lawsuits, and FDA warnings
- committed to helping victims stand up for their legal rights against negligent drug companies.
To build victims a winning case, a heparin attorney will gather all crucial evidence, work with experts who can bolster victims’ claims, and aggressively litigate the case in any necessary legal proceeding (including arbitration, mediation, and trial proceedings). The ultimate goal is to help get victims through the legal system as efficiently and effectively as possible so they can focus on recovering and moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one have used heparin and suffered from any side effect including allergic reaction, thrombocytopenia, or osteoporosis you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.