Gadolinium attorneys are defective drug lawyers who are skilled at defending the rights of those who have been seriously injured by gadolinium contrasting agents approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including:
- Magnevist by Bayer Healthcare
- MultiHance by Bracco
- Omniscan by GE Healthcare
- OptiMARK by Mallinckrodt
- ProHance by Bracco
Formally referred to as gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCA), these solutions are injected in patients before a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test in order to highlight the resulting images to clearly depict malignancies and other abnormalities with cells, tissues and organs.
When to See a Gadolinium Lawyer
GBCAs are reported to play a role in causing nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF), which may also be referred to as nephrogenic fibrosis dermopathy (NFD). Marked by an inability to bend/extend the joints, NFS occurs when fibrous connective tissues develop in or on the skin, eyes, joints, and internal organs.
Patients who have been exposed to gadolinium contrast agents are at risk of developing NSF symptoms between 2 days and 18 months after exposure. GBCA patients with the highest risk of developing NSF include patients with serious kidney impairments. Those who develop any of the following NSF symptoms should seek emergency medical attention for proper diagnosis:
- burning or itchy skin
- inflammation of the skin
- loss of joint mobility
- muscle weakness
- pain in the hips or ribs
- skin plaques, skin tightening or skin hardening (on the extremities)
- yellowing of the whites of the eyes.
Patients diagnosed with NSF should consult with an experienced gadolinium attorney to:
- Learn more about their legal rights.
- Receive a professional assessment of their case.
- Get expert advice regarding the best manner in which to proceed in order for optimal chances of securing the maximum possible settlement.
Benefits of Working with Gadolinium Lawyers
Those who choose to stand up for their legal rights and work with an experienced gadolinium attorney will not have to pay any legal fees until or unless they secure a settlement award. Seasoned gadolinium lawyers work tirelessly to:
- Build each injured patient the strongest case possible.
- Highlight the weaknesses in the negligent drug company’s defense.
- Help each victim get through the legal process as efficiently as possible.
- Secure the maximum possible settlement award for each client so they can focus on recovering and moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one have used Omniscan, Magnevist, MultiHance, OptiMARK, or ProHance and suffered from NSF, you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.