Depuy hip lawyers are skilled legal professionals who are committed to aggressively representing the rights of those who have been injured as a result of having a Depuy hip device implanted. Known by the brand names ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System, the Depuy hip system has been implanted in about 93,000 Americans from July 2003 up until August 2010 when the device was recalled.
This recent recall was sparked by the fact that the Depuy hip implant has been reported to cause the following serious side effects in about 13 to 18 percent of patients:
- bone fractures
- hip dislocations
- incurable damage to the muscles and tissue surrounding the hip joint
- loose hip cups
- pseudotumors (dense tissue masses similar to tumors)
- severe allergic reactions.
Patients who develop any of the above side effects:
- Should seek emergency medical attention to prevent further health complications.
- Will have a strong legal claim against Depuy Orthopedics (a division of Johnson & Johnson that manufactured and marketed the hip implant in the U.S.)
- Should consult with one of our skilled Depuy hip lawyers, once their health is stable, in order to learn more about their legal rights and to receive expert advice regarding how to move forward with their legal claim.
Benefits of Working with a Depuy Hip Attorney
Our Depuy hip lawyers are not only highly experienced with the legal system and its related processes, but they are also:
- extremely knowledge about the research, facts and former cases associated with defective Depuy hip implants
- seasoned litigators who will vehemently defend injured patients’ rights in mediation, arbitration, trial or any other necessary legal proceeding.
To encourage prospective plaintiffs to stand up for their legal rights and pursue a defective medical device lawsuit against Depuy, our Depuy hip attorneys welcome prospective plaintiffs to contact us to receive a free initial consultation, and no legal fees will be charged until or unless a settlement or jury verdict is awarded.
Ultimately, the primary benefit of working with our Depuy hip lawyers lies in the fact that they will work tirelessly to help injured parties get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible so that plaintiffs can focus on their recovery and move on with their lives.