Darvon and Darvocet side effect settlements are monetary awards granted to patients who developed serious, devastating side effects after taking the opioid pain medication generically known as dextropropoxyphene (brand name Darvon or Darvocet). Produced by Eli Lilly and Company and first approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1972, Darvocet was prescribed to treat mild to moderate chronic pain associated with arthritis, restless leg syndrome, etc. up until November 2010 when the FDA banned its sale and distribution in the U.S.
The FDA’s recall of Darvon and Darvocet came on the heels of authenticated findings that Darvocet was causing the following side effects:
- acute pancreatitis
- dependence on the drug and withdrawal upon cessation of taking the medication
- heart attack
- kidney damage, jaundice and/or liver damage
- permanent damage to the central nervous system
- severe allergic reaction
- suicidal thoughts or behaviors and/or depression
Those who have sustained any of the above-mentioned Darvocet side effects will have a strong defective drug claim against Eli Lilly, and they will be entitled to a Darvon and Darvocet side effect settlement.
How to Secure a Darvocet Side Effect Settlement
To find out if you have a legal claim and are entitled to a Darvocet side effect settlement, please contact one of our defective drug lawyers for a complimentary, no obligation initial consultation. During this meeting, injured parties can:
- Learn more about their legal rights and entitlements.
- Get a comprehensive evaluation of their case from an experienced professional.
- Receive expert advice on the most appropriate manner in which to move forward in order to secure the maximum possible Darvocet side effect settlement.
- Secure top-of-the-line legal representation without having to pay any legal fees until or unless a Darvocet side effect settlement is granted.
Once a plaintiff secures the services of one of our skilled defective drug lawyers, the attorney will begin building his client the strongest possible case by gathering all of the evidence, interviewing all witnesses, finding experts to verify the plaintiff’s claims, and aggressively litigating in any necessary legal proceeding so that the injured Darvocet patient’s rights are represented to the utmost.