Alloderm lawyers are skilled defective drug attorneys who passionately stand up for the rights of patients injured by Alloderm. Alloderm lawyers can help clients win compensation for their outstanding medical bills, ongoing treatment costs, permanent disabilities, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The Alloderm® Regenerative Tissue Matrix is an FDA-classified “banked human tissue” that is produced by LifeCell, a division of Kinetic Concepts, Inc and used in a variety of reconstructive procedures,. Alloderm regenerates blood vessels and attracts white blood cells, which eventually aid in the healing process and minimize the possibility of graft failure or rejection.
Reasons to Consult with an Alloderm Lawyer: Alloderm Side Effects
Although Alloderm has been effective for some patients, including those undergoing post-mastectomy breast reconstruction, hernia surgery, or periodontal surgery, it has been reported to cause a range of serious side effects, some of which currently remain unknown because this graft matrix is still relatively new. Some of Alloderm’s known side effects include:
- the splitting open of an organ or tissue (dehiscence)
- disease transmission from the graft (Although LifeCell has a strict donor screening process to mitigate the risk of implanting diseased tissues, it cannot guarantee that all possible pathogens have been removed.)
- graft failure
- hernia relapse, should Alloderm be implanted as part of treatment for a hernia or a failure with mesh patch implants
- severe allergic reaction
- seroma, a pocket of serous fluid
Alloderm patients who develop any of these health complications should see their surgeon immediately to prevent more serious injuries from developing.
Working with an Alloderm Attorney
When an injured Alloderm patient’s health is no longer in danger, they should attend a free, no obligations, initial consultation with an experienced Alloderm lawyer for a thorough assessment of their case. There is no upfront cost for the opportunity to secure superior legal representation, because Alloderm attorneys work on contingency, motivating them to work tirelessly to help their clients win the settlements they deserve.
To help build the strongest possible case against LifeCell, Alloderm lawyers will:
- compile medical reports, clinical research, witness statements, and any other evidence to support a claim against LifeCell
- meticulously examine the Defendants’ claims to pinpoint their weaknesses
- aggressively litigate in any necessary legal proceeding.
If you or a loved one have used alloderm and suffered from any side effect including dehiscence, hernia relapse, allergic reaction, seroma, or sloughing you should contact us immediately for a free and confidential case review. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.